Years ago, we removed the closet doors to install hardwood floors in the bedrooms. My children liked them gone, so they stayed down.
But I was certain I had saved the hardware.
Well, years have gone by and I wanted to reinstall those door.
And I can’t find the hardware, especially those darned pivot points that screw down to the floor.
So we purchased new hardware and rails.
And the old measurements don’t work. Grrr. And the new hardware can’t be adjusted to the proper size.
I’ve been putting off redrilling holes for months.
While I check the garage for those parts.
And have had zero success.
So, yesterday, I decided to start cleaning the garage, 15 minutes at a time until next summer when I should be done.
I started with the top shelf of one our benches.
And there they were. All four of them, and a nifty folding measuring tape that had belonged to my grandfather. It was a bonus.
Sometimes procrastination is rewarding:D
Until next time